OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro get OxygenOS Open Beta 17, while their T variants get Open Beta 7. Both updates come with the same changelog and bump up the Android security patch level on the smartphones to August 2020.
These updates also bring along a new user assistance feature, that can be found under the Settings > OnePlus Tips & Help menu.
Besides, the new beta builds come with a few bug fixes as well as improved Wi-Fi transfers. You can check out the changelog of Open Beta 7 and 17 below for more details:
- Newly added user assistance feature to help user master usage skills quickly (Route: Settings > OnePlus Tips & Help)
- Fixed the abnormal error occured in Lockbox
- Fixed the auto-start issue with QXDM logs after reboot
- Optimized user experience with long screenshot in some scenarios
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.08
- Optimized the categorization, messages of the same contact now merged in one card (India only)
- File Manager
- Fixed the issue that File Manager did not display some downloaded documents of apps
- Improved the stability of Wi-Fi transfers
Those who are already running a beta build on their OnePlus 7 series smartphone will get the latest beta through an OTA. And those who aren’t can give them a try by heading to the source links below for more information.
But do note that beta builds aren’t as stable as the official builds and are best avoided on primary devices.